Friday 24 May 2013

F.m.p (final majour project)
archeatecture

My Aims and intentions.

I have baced my final majour project on my journy from college to home.I am going to be looking at the archeatecture of the houses which i see on my way home. I will also be looking at the textures of the brick work and other surfaces that i will come across. I am going to reshirch on diffrent artists and art movements for exampul pop art. the reason for his is the colour pallet that i am going to use. For my final peice i am going to print a meter of fabric.

Artists reashirch.

the first artist i have looked at is paul cezanne as he has done alot of work on contryside hoeses, for exampul farm houses and cottages. here are some images of his work:







looking at pauls work i have been inspired to look more closly at buldings. Althougn i like the imagery i dont like the style of usingfull images. I have notaced that the images have a lot of charictor.
Whilst looking for more inspiration I came across an artist called, Urho Kekkonen who dose graffiti. Looking at this particular image I thought that it would be different and interesting to incorporate the techniques and the limited colors for my pallet within my work. I have taken some photographs of some streets and houses which I see on my journey home. With these images I am going to use the techniques that the artists have used.          

here are some of his images:




Graffiti in Pieksämäki representing the former president of Finland, Urho Kekkonen, who is well recognized in Finnish popular culture.

 
Although the work dose not relate to mine like the charictor and style of the work.

 
Art movement POP ART


The Pop art movement began in the mid 50s and ended in the erlt 70s. Pop art was the law cost of mass production in the indroustry of art. moste of the paintings were of celebrityes and famous people ,as this eara enhanced media to a higher level. televition became a big thing and celebrities were almoste idolised and were seen to be very important people.

Key characteristics of Ppo art.

  • reconisable imagery, drown from popular media and products
  • usually use very bright and bould colours eg blue,red.yellow and black.
  • flat imagery influenced by comic books and news paper photographs
.......ectra


Here are three of the main ariists for popart:
  • David Hockney
  •  Roy Lichtenstein
  • Andy Warhol

these are some of the images done in the style of pop art :















No comments:

Post a Comment